Nothing I say is going to justify this dish. You must try it to understand the sentiment. This dish is the perfect example of fusion cuisine. While rendering an earthy and nutty flavour the Jowar/ Sorghum grains beautifully take on the rich creamy and subtle flavour of the Italian influence. What a beautiful marriage of cultures and flavours. Food has such a gentle way to get people to bond and communicate. So, this weekend give it a try. Perfect meal to rekindle romance and love. Wishing you a wonderful weekend ahead.
Cooking time – 45 mins
Prepping Time – 30 mins
Soaking time – Overnight
- Jowar/ Sorghum
- Finely diced onions
- Sliced mushroom
- Minced Garlic
- Stock (Veg/ Non-Veg)
- Egg yolk
- Garlic Chives
- Soak 120 gm of Jowar/Sorghum in water overnight or Minimum for 6 hrs.
- Make sure to change the water for a minimum of two times.
- Pressure cook the Jowar grains with a little bit of water and salt for 5 whistles or till it achieves a spongy effect
- In a pan melt butter and fry the sage leaves to a crisp and set aside.
- Add a dollop of butter into a heave base pot and heat it.
- Add the minced garlic and onions and sauté on low flame till the onions turn pink.
- Add the cooked jowar and toss it well with the onions.
- Make sure each grain is bloomed and separate and not in a clump.
- Start adding the stock one ladleful at a time once the stock is completely absorbed by the Jowar. This process should take you about 25 minutes.
- Just before adding the last ladle of stock add to the risotto an egg yolk, grated cheese and finely chopped garlic chives.
- Drizzle the melted sage infused butter and crush a bit of the fried sage leaf and serve it hot.
Go easy on the salt at every stage as the cheese will balance it out.
Aarti Aruldas is a trained chef specializing in International cuisine. Her passion for healthy and conscious eating habit led her to her entrepreneurial journey. She made Mumbai fall in love with healthier breakfast options by revamping the humble Idli through her company “Vanakkam Foods”.
In an attempt to rekindle the lost art of cooking her latest venture brings quick and easy recipes in short and concise videos. An avid traveller, foodie and foodstylist she brings zing to even the humblest dish.
Pay it forward
All the content & photos are copyright protected. Do try out my recipes and give it your own twist. I’d love to be a part of your culinary journey.
TRIED THIS RECIPE ?
I’d love to hear from you. Keep me updated with your likes and comments. Found this recipe interesting? then do share the recipe link on facebook, twitter & pinterest. for instagram mention @thefoodfairychronicles or tag #thefoodfairychronicles #tastytrendsbyti
Pingback: guaranteed ppc reviews
Pingback: axiolabs primobolan
Pingback: level 3
Pingback: click here
Pingback: tangerine online banking log-in
Pingback: Intelligent Automation Strategy
Pingback: Automated regression testing
Pingback: Functional testing solutions
Pingback: replica Ladies Armani Watches
Pingback: arvest bank
Pingback: Sex position
Pingback: pumpkin anime
Pingback: things to eat on keto diet
Pingback: gay dating sex sites 2021
Pingback: golden teacher mushrooms
Pingback: shrooms reddit
Pingback: Replica rolex mens submariner watches
Pingback: cvv pro,cvv to bitcoin
Pingback: DevOps as a service
Pingback: prodentim reviews
Pingback: เงินด่วน 10 นาที โอนเข้าบัญชี
Pingback: buy ig followers
Pingback: aller à
Pingback: magic mushroom legality uk