Come evenings, I would crave for a snack. Haven’t we all been there? Most of the times I would end up eating the snacks available at the office cafeteria – unhealthy and would more than often kill my appetite for dinner. In a search for healthier alternatives I stumbled on a date ladoo recipe online.
The recipe call for a long list of ingredients and procedure and was too time consuming. So I invoked the “foodess” in me and came up with my own recipes which catered to my palate. I love orange and crispies, so incorporated that in my recipe too. This is by far one of the easiest date ladoo recipes available online. I recommend opting for a date ladoo over a dessert made from refined sugar. It’s a must have for women as the ingredients are a rich source of iron and calcium. I always have a batch ready for the entire week. From my kitchen to yours …wishing you good health always.
Cooking Time : 30 mins
Prepping Time: 10 mins
- Pumpkin seeds
- Brown til/sesame
- Black til/sesame
- Khus Khus
- Orange rind
- In a kadai heat ghee. Roast chopped cashew nuts and pumpkin seed till it browns.
- Add the sesame and khus khus and roast till it turn brown and crunchy.
- Empty it out on to a cooling platter.
- De- seed the dates and grind it into a smooth pulp.
- Heat it gently in a kadai.
- Add in the finely chopped orange rind and the nut mix into the kadai along with the date pulp.
- Stir all the ingredients making sure it does not get too hot.
- Prep a steel plate or baking tray with ghee.
- Empty out the date and seed mix onto the tray.
- Grease your palms with ghee, take a small portion of the date mix and roll it into small ladoos.
You can make a rocky road version by adding more nuts, coarsely chopped.
Add roasted puffed rice, spread the mix on a baking tray and slice it like energy bars.
Priya Vasudevan lives in Mumbai and is a successful HR professional. She enjoys cooking and finds the art rejuvenating and a creative expression of herself. Despite her busy schedule she always finds time to cook for her family and loves hosting dinner soirées.
Pay it forward
All the content & photos are copyright protected. Do try out my recipes and give it your own twist. I’d love to be a part of your culinary journey.
TRIED THIS RECIPE ?
I’d love to hear from you. Keep me updated with your likes and comments. Found this recipe interesting? then do share the recipe link on facebook, twitter & pinterest. For instagram mention @thefoodfairychronicles or tag #indsamamcharfoods #indsamachar #thefoodfairychronicles #tastytrendsbyti