BRICS leaders at an earlier BRICS summit. Image for representation.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday, 13 October arrived in Brazil to attend the 11th BRICS summit.
The summit will focus on strengthening ties among the five major economies in the areas of digital economy, science and technology, and build mechanisms for counter-terrorism cooperation, the prime minister had said on Tuesday.
PM Modi’s Schedule on Day 1 of BRICS Summit
Here’s Prime Minister Modi’s schedule on the first day of the two-day BRICS summit in Brasilia (all times local):
- 2:00 pm: Meeting with Vladimir Putin, President of the Russian Federation
- 3:00 pm: Meeting with Jair Messias Bolsonaro, President of the Federative Republic of Brazil
- 3:45 pm : Meeting with Xi Jinping, President of the People’s Republic of China
- 5:25 pm: BRICS Business Forum Closing Ceremony at the International Convention Centre of Brazil.
- 8:00 pm: Cultural Presentation
- 8:30 pm: Welcome dinner hosted by Jair Messias Bolsonaro, President of the Federative Republic of Brazil
PM to Hold Bilateral Meetings With Putin, Xi, Bolsonaro at BRICS
The 11th BRICS summit will focus on strengthening ties among the world’s five major economies in key areas such as digital economy, science and technology, and also build mechanisms for counter-terrorism cooperation, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Tuesday, PTI reported.
He said he will also meet Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro to discuss the bilateral strategic partnership between the two nations.
The prime minister is also scheduled to hold bilateral meetings with Russian President Vladimir Putin and Chinese Premier Xi Jinping as well, according to the news agency.
PM Modi left for Brazil on Tuesday afternoon and will be in the country on 13-14 November.