Striking a work-life balance is no less than a tag team match for women. In the race between long hours and skincare, the latter always loses. So we often resort to visiting fancy salons and buying expensive concoctions, which may or may not give us the desired results.
Dirt, dust, pollution, and humidity–these enemies of good skin are already suffocating our pores. Plus, a bustling work life don’t give us the scope to follow a dedicated skincare regime.
Don’t worry, today I’ve got a sturdy solution for you that will help you revamp your daily beauty regime.
From my kitchen to yours, here are some simple home-made beauty hacks that you can make, freeze, and use for an entire week.
For dry skin:
1 tbsp honey
250 ml milk
30 ml rose water
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp aloe vera gel
Mix all the ingredients well. Place the mixture in an ice tray and freeze it. At night, cleanse your face and then rub an ice cube all over. Leave the residue on 15-20 minutes and rinse it with normal water.
1. Honey is a great antibacterial agent as well as a potent moisturizer. It will make your skin supple and add a glow to it.
2. Milk, olive oil, and aloe vera gel will also hydrate your skin.
For oily skin:
30 ml lemon juice
30 ml cucumber juice
1 tsp turmeric
30 ml rose water
Combine all the ingredients and freeze the mixture. After cleansing your face, rub a cube all over. Keep the residue on for five to seven minutes and rinse it. The ingredients will slowly clear your pores allow your skin to breathe.
1. Lemon has natural antibacterial and anti-fungal properties and is a great way to treat acne.
2. With caffeic acid, cucumber juice helps to reduce inflammation and irritation.
3. Turmeric is again an excellent antiseptic and helps in removing bacteria, thus banishing any zits.