Prep Time – 30 mins
Cook Time – 15 mins
Yield – 20 wadas
Course – Finger food
Theme – Party
Sabudana – 1/2 cup rinsed and soaked in water overnight
Potatoes – boiled 2
Peanuts – roasted, skin remove and then crushed 1/4 cup
Green chilies – chopped to taste
Salt – to taste
Sugar – 1/2 tsp
Coriander – A little
Juice of half a lemon
Oil for frying
- Wash Sabudana very well (2, 3 times) and Soak it in water overnight.
- In the morning, the Sabudana should absorb all the water and should be soft. In case the Sabudana still has water, drain it in a strainer.
- Then mix the Saubdana along with boiled potatoes in a deep dish, add all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the mixture and make small tiny balls
- Heat oil on medium heat in a kadai. Add wadas one by one and deep fry till golden.
- Drain on paper towel.
– Take small thin slices of fresh coconut
– Fried curry leaves
– Green chilli pickle chopped
Take a toothpick put curry leave then slice of coconut then wada and again coconut slice. Topped with green chilli. Drizzle little chutney on top.
About the Chef – Inderpreet
Hi,my name is Inderpreet, born and brought up in Amritsar, Punjab. Cooking, being my passion, I keep trying and inventing new dishes as I always say, I love playing in my kitchen. I also took part in and won “Sanjeev Kapoor Ke Kitchen Khiladi”, a TV show hosted by Sanjeev Kapoor himself, wherein I had to compete with a chef. Winning this show instilled confidence in me and made me move ahead and do better. After this, I was even invited on a show, wherein I was called to cook with Saif Ali Khan in the view of promoting his then upcoming film “Chef”. I make around 100 + types of pickles, sauces and preserves, all by hand using no preservatives and organic ingredients.
Follow her on
Instagram – https://instagram.com/rummyskitchen
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/rummyskitchen
Twitter – https://twitter.com/HerbsnSpices1?s=08
Youtube – https://www.youtube.com/user/rummynagpal
Remember the Flavors ….?
An Initiative by IndSamachar Foods
To help motivate everyone, we want you to share your favourite recipes with IndSamachar Foods. The most innovative recipe stands to win an attractive hamper. All you need to do is send in your recipes to [email protected] in the below format in a word document.
- Image of the dish: – Original only
- Name of the recipe
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
Even if you don’t win, your recipe could feature in our food section. The recipe must be an original or an original adaptation. Please provide a photo of the Chef, bio and all social media handles along with the recipe. Service charges may apply.
• Submissions must be original
• IndSamachar.com reserves the right to use the recipe sent by the contestants.
• Each month’s winner names will be announced on the site.
• Participants can send in a maximum of 3 recipes every month.
• Winners would be selected by a panel of esteemed chefs and connoisseurs.