Oh so healthy!!! This is my go-to recipe when I don’t have much time or inclination to cook a full meal. Its robust and packs in oodles of flavour. The Harissa Sauce and Sumac Powder give the dish an Umami flavour. Barley is a much better option when trying to lose weight. It reduces hunger and promotes the feeling of fullness for an extended period. It adds fibre to your meal. The grain is so versatile, inexpensive and can be incorporated in any cuisine you like. Barley is a great substitute for rice. Enjoy this quick and easy recipe. Have a success filled day!!!
Cooking time – 30 mins
Prepping Time – 30 mins
- French Beans
- Green Peas
- Green Grapes
- Harrissa Sauce
- Sumac Powder
- Soak 120 gm of barley in room temperature water for 20 minutes
- Cook the Barley the same way you would cook rice. Strain and set aside.
- Chop the vegetables and set it aside too
- Next in a heavy bottom pan add oil and onions. Sauté till the onions turn translucent.
- Add in all the vegetables, Harissa Sauce and cook till done.
- Add in salt as per you taste
- Slice green grapes into halves and set aside.
- Plate the Barley Rice with the vegetables.
- Add the sliced grapes, crumbled cheese, Squirt of Lemon Juice and sprinkle a hint of Sumac Powder over the dish.
- Serve it hot
Since the Harissa Sauce contains salt you may want to go easy on anything additional.
You can also substitute Harissa sauce with chilli powder, the flavour will differ.
Aarti Aruldas is a trained chef specializing in International cuisine. Her passion for healthy and conscious eating habit led her to her entrepreneurial journey. She made Mumbai fall in love with healthier breakfast options by revamping the humble Idli through her company “Vanakkam Foods”.
In an attempt to rekindle the lost art of cooking her latest venture brings quick and easy recipes in short and concise videos. An avid traveller, foodie and foodstylist she brings zing to even the humblest dish.
Pay it forward
All the content & photos are copyright protected. Do try out my recipes and give it your own twist. I’d love to be a part of your culinary journey.
TRIED THIS RECIPE ?
I’d love to hear from you. Keep me updated with your likes and comments. Found this recipe interesting? then do share the recipe link on facebook, twitter & pinterest. for instagram mention @thefoodfairychronicles or tag #thefoodfairychronicles #tastytrendsbyti